Immigration Consultancy Services

IP Immigration Project Canada

Work In Canada

Working in Canada is a perfect way to gain Canadian experience and use many available pathways to become a permanent resident.

If you are interested to be legally employed in Canada, you will need a work permit. There are several types of work permits available in Canada:

  • Open work permit – enables you to work for any employer in any industry and location;
  • Open restricted permit – restricts the occupation or the location but not the employer;
  • Employer-specific work permit – authorizes to work for a specific employer who successfully completed the procedure of Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA);
  • Seasonal work visa – usually for a period of 120 days or less, in most of cases for a specific employer;
  • Permits based on International Mobility Program, youth exchange, young professionals, stagiaires etc. – usually open permits, available for foreign nationals of some countries (e.g. France);
  • North America Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) work permit;
  • Live-in-caregiver work permit;
  • Bridging Open Work Permit – available for provincial nominees;
  • Post-Graduate Open Work Permit – enables foreign graduates to stay and work in Canada, etc.

The most important requirement for most of the permits is to have a genuine offer of employment from a legitimate Canadian employer.

To know more about various types of work permits and your chances to get one, book a consultation with us.

Interested in Immigrating to Canada?


Getting started is easy. Just book a consultation through our form or fill out our Free Online Assessment Form
and then one of our Immigration Experts will contact you with your results within 12 hours.


Book an Appointment Free Assessment
Send this to a friend